We here at Shea Family South Bay are looking for a dynamic, caring individual to join our family. Shea Family South Bay and all of our affiliated centers make every effort to get to know our residents and help create the best possible environment for our patients, clients and their loved ones. We are here for what matters. If you think you would fit into this environment, please read on and apply!
Job Description: Cook (A.M. Shift)
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
The cook is responsible for the preparation and cooking of meals for residents and employees of the facility. The cook cleans assigned areas following established practices and procedures for quality, safety and infection control. This position reports to the Dietary Supervisor.
- High School Diploma and/or combination of education and experience, Culinary or related certification preferred.
- Ability to correctly and consistently follow instructions written in a recipe
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions in English
- 1 year experience as a Cook or 2 years as an Assistant Cook
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization of duties
- Basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol test.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
Provides a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Prepares/bakes/cooks all food items in quantities according to menu, number of persons, and facility procedures. Prepares specialized dietary items as necessary.
- Prepares in advance certain food items for following day.
- Prepares all food items on menu according to recipes and specific dietary instructions.
- Participates in serving as necessary.
- Maintains clean and sanitary kitchen, following general sanitation procedures at all times
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Plans menu taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- Orders supplies and keeps records and accounts.
- Directs activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Attends in-service as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to loud noise, temperature changes, various odors, equipment with moving parts, kitchen appliances, food carts, etc. Frequent movement on hard surfaces, (floors/countertops). Occasional exposure to dietary chemicals and fumes while wearing required protective clothing.
Position Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: