We here at Shea Family Shea Family Care Magnolia are looking for a dynamic, caring individual to join our family. Shea Family Care Magnolia and all of our affiliated centers make every effort to get to know our residents and help create the best possible environment for our patients, clients and their loved ones. We are here for what matters. If you think you would fit into this environment, please read on and apply!
Job Description: Registered Nurse (RN), Skilled Care
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: DON
The RN is responsible for providing skilled nursing services under a multi-disciplinary plan of care approved by the patient’s physician. Nursing care includes, but is not limited to, patient assessment, evaluation and coordination of the medical/nursing needs of the patient; performance of prescribed medical treatments; and instruction of caregivers in the provision of care to the patient. The RN shall provide for the continuity of services for the patient and his/her family.
- Current CA RN License; Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred
- Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a skilled nursing facility or working with disabled, geriatric population
- Current CPR and TB Clearance
- Solid communication and PC skills (bilingual in Spanish and English a plus)
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
Provides a variety of client care duties including but not limited to:
- Develop a detailed Plan of Care for assigned patients ensuring all services needed are identified and met while working closely with the Interdisciplinary Group, patient, family and attending physician.
- Responsible for the coordination of care for the patient and family, providing skilled and palliative care
- Participates in the preparation, administration, ordering and documentation of medications and treatments.
- Provide comprehensive nursing evaluations and assessments.
- Assures compliance with local, state and federal regulations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Actively looks for ways to help others.
- Puts success of team above own interests;
- Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
- Must attend 24 hours of in-service annually (including mandatory in-services).
- Performs all related duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, food carts, medical devices, and resident care devices including but not limited to IVs, Foley, catheters, etc and medical waste. Constant exposure to odors from residents, food, medications, and cleaning solutions.
Position Physical Demands:
Requires constants ability to walk and move and assist residents with and without mechanical aids; Frequent lifting of residents (with human and mechanical assistance when necessary); constant use of hands to handle and feel objects, write notes, etc.; Excellent vision, depth perception; Good speech and hearing. Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs. Requires annual TB clearance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: California Register Nurse License, Current CPR Training