We here at Shea Family Care-Magnolia are looking for a dynamic, caring individual to join our family. Shea Family Care-Magnolia and all of our affiliated centers make every effort to get to know our residents and help create the best possible environment for our patients, clients and their loved ones. We are here for what matters. If you think you would fit into this environment, please read on and apply!
Job Description: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Skilled Care
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: DON
Under the supervision of the RN, the licensed vocational nurse (LVN) is primarily responsible for observing, implementing, and evaluating a multidisciplinary plan of care approved by the patient’s physician. The LVN performs designated tasks/duties including: providing information to patients and families and other health team members; implementing nursing interventions according to the patient's care plan; documenting the patient's response to the nursing interventions and plan of care; consulting with the RN for modification of plan as needed. Responsible for monitoring the CNAs to ensure that care is provided with dignity, and to ensure a comfortable and safe environment.
- Current CA LVN License;
- Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen.
- One year of experience in a skilled nursing facility or working with disabled, geriatric population preferred
- Current CPR and TB Clearance
- Solid communication and PC skills (bilingual in Spanish and English a plus)
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
Provides a variety of client care duties including but not limited to:
- Observing, implementing, and coordinating a multi-disciplinary plan of care approved by the patient’s physician, under the supervision of RN.
- Responsible for the implementation of patient care.
- Utilizing specialized knowledge in the techniques, methods, procedures, and equipment required in support of the professional staff
- observes, records and reports unusual conditions or behaviors
- takes and records blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration; administers medications as prescribed by physicians
- Takes and records blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration; administers medications as prescribed by physicians
- Assures compliance with local, state and federal regulations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Actively looks for ways to help others.
- Puts success of team above own interests;
- Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
- Must attend facility in-services annually
- Performs all related duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, food carts, medical devices, and resident care devices including but not limited to IVs, Foley, catheters, etc and medical waste. Constant exposure to odors from residents, food, medications, and cleaning solutions.
Position Physical Demands:
Requires constants ability to walk and move and assist residents with and without mechanical aids; Frequent lifting of residents (with human and mechanical assistance when necessary); constant use of hands to handle and feel objects, write notes, etc.; Excellent vision, depth perception; Good speech and hearing. Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs. Requires annual TB clearance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current CA LVN License, Current CPR Training