We here at Shea Family At Home are looking for a dynamic, caring individual to join our family. Shea Family At Home and all of our affiliated centers make every effort to get to know our residents and help create the best possible environment for our patients, clients and their loved ones. We are here for what matters. If you think you would fit into this environment, please read on and apply!
Shea Family At Home
Job Description: Caregiver
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
We here at Shea Family-At Home are looking for a dynamic, caring individual to join our Caregiving team . Shea Family At Home and all of our affiliated Shea Family Care centers make every effort to provide top notch care every step of the way. If you think you would fit into this environment, please read on and apply!
Our caregivers provide Non-medical, in-home care services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Also included supporting clients in their activities of daily living and performs personal care services for clients at their place of residence
- Minimum of one year experience with a home care agency or facility caring for seniors.
- Must be able to communicate with clients, understand oral and written directions and maps, record and maintain basic records.
- Read and write English proficiently.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Must be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have a high moral standard of honesty and integrity.
Provides a variety of client care duties including but not limited to the following:
- May assist clients into and out of beds, chairs, rest room facilities, etc. requiring lifting and/or providing support for the client.
- Familiar and competent in use of all necessary equipment (shower chair, commodes, walker, wheelchair, gait belt, etc.)
- Transport and accompany client as needed to medical appointments, shopping, errands or other destinations as needed.
- Assist clients in their recreational and social activities.
- Handle resident petty cash appropriately according to policies and procedures
- Provides a comfortable living environment for clients by ensuring living area cleanliness, ventilation, proper lighting, etc in accordance with client wishes.
- May include light housekeeping and home management such as bed making, laundry or other similar services, not to exceed 20% of total work hours unless they directly benefit the client. (Does NOT include heavy housekeeping such as moving furniture, climbing on ladders, scrubbing baseboards, etc.)
- Reports changes in client condition, attitude, appearance, behavior and physical ability to supervisor. Records daily activity in client record.
- Prepares and serves meals as needed and in accordance with clients’ preferences and needs. Provides assistance with eating as needed.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation and records.
- Attends in-services as needed/required.
Client cleanliness, grooming, nourishment, rest, activity, toileting/incontinence care in a manner that is conducive to a client's respect, comfort and safety.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Actively looks for ways to help others.
- Puts success of team above own interests;
- Strong social perceptiveness by being away of others’ reactions and
- Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, medical devices, hospital beds and client care devices including but not limited to IVs, Foley, catheters and medical waste. Constant exposure to odors from residents, food, medications, and cleaning solutions.
Position Physical Demands:
Requires constants ability to walk and move and assist residents with and without mechanical aids; Frequent lifting of residents (with human and mechanical assistance when necessary); constant use of hands to handle and feel objects, write notes, etc.; Excellent vision, depth perception; Good speech and hearing. Ability to lift, push, pull 50 lbs. Requires annual TB clearance.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: